[rescue] Question on upgrading Solaris 10 3/05 to latest

laz at moaa.net laz at moaa.net
Tue Oct 28 14:32:21 CDT 2008

I cant say as to LDOMS in particular, but I do know that the drivers for scsi cards are dependant on the INSTALLED OS revision, not patches.. so for some particular SCSI cards, I needed 3/05 or later (for example) or needed to install a package for the card to be seen..
if you have the disk space available, I'd suggest Live Upgrade.. I recently used it on a solaris 9 set of boxes to upgrade the OS to the last one released, then upgrading Sun CLuster, without having to take down the production box except for a reboot at the end to switch environments..

matt