[rescue] SunFire V100

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:06:03 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>wrote:

> Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
>
> > Though keep in mind, if they're anything like my Netra T1, they're
> > pretty fucking loud. I've never had a U5, though, so I don't know how
> > they compare, but I'll tell you I'm always surprised with how much noise
> > my T1 puts out :).
> >

> They are very quiet.  The only fan is a small CPU fan mounted on top,
> and a small fan on the power supply.
>
> --Patrick

The only issue that I have seen is that the disks are internal and the trays
were not, at the time I was using them, hard to find.  We bought the single
disk option--dumb $PHB!

The will use an IDE drive from the same era and are dependable.

They are superior to a U5 and will run upright (slide beside or behind a
desk).  Of course Sun envisioned that every one will rack mount them.