[rescue] Solaris Jumpstart related NFS question

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Wed Oct 1 04:34:02 CDT 2008

stephen price wrote:
> can you have nested mount points?
> create a new mount point - /newexport -
> mount /raid2/install_server to /newexport with the read-only option
> export/share out the new mount point & change your jumpstart script
>
> regards
> steve
> --- On Tue, 9/30/08, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

>> On my big file server, I have a large raid as ZFS, shared
>> over NFS,
>> /raid2.
>>
>> Now, I also have /raid2/install_server and the files for
>> doing jumpstart
>> installs installed under there.  However, when I try to use
>> the
>> add_install_client script, it tells me that I must change
>> the /raid2
>> export to be ro and anon=0.  Is there someway I can reshare
>> this as a
>> new name rather than change the existing share?

I seem to remember that you can't do nested NFS shares.

I have a jumpstart box that I set up with a read-only share, then made
it writable later to put flash archives on it. Starting as ro and
changing back to rw may work for you, too. One warning though: I had
Solaris 10 jumpstart file permissions mangled while shared rw. I forget
exactly, but there is a startup script in the miniroot that loses its
"x" bit.

Steve