[rescue] Help mounting G2 DL380 systems

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat May 31 21:06:00 CDT 2008

On May 31, 2008, at 8:55 PM, Devin Ganger wrote:

> Right; that's what I was trying to describe.
>
> Measuring across a DL380, there's about 17" or so from edge to edge
> at the
> widest point. The tracks snap on to posts on the lower section of
> the sides,
> which is recessed by about .5" or so -- so even with the tracks
> snapped in
> place, they don't extend beyond 17". The part of the rails that
> mount in the
> rack don't come out far enough to make up that entire difference.
>
> Bad ASCII art:
>
> [] +---------------+ []
> [B ++             ++ B]
>
> A = where the tracks snap on the server
> B = where the rails bolt into the rack
>
> Is this gap simply a case of having the wrong rail kit?

Probably.  The rails slide on to the server and click into place.
They then slide into the sliding rails on the rack piece.  It's an
extendable telescoping drawer armature thing.  The distance is taken
up by the two telescoping sleeve pieces that take the server-side rails.

I can probably swipe an extra 380 G2-G5 set from work if you need.

Andrew