[rescue] Help mounting G2 DL380 systems

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Sat May 31 19:36:07 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Devin Ganger <devin at thecabal.org> wrote:
> Okay, this isn't Sun-related, but enough of you here have worked with these
> older systems I figured it was worth a shot.

I just picked up a DL580 myself and I worked with them at a prior employer.

The rails for the DL580 are specific to that unit (and maybe some
other HP boxen.) The tracks for the server simply SNAP into place on
the server and then should easily glide into the rails in your rack.
Mine is sitting in a bakers-rack here at the house, so I can't take
photos or anything for you. As long as you have two people (or one
weightlifter with big arms) getting it into the rack should be easy
enough.