[rescue] Mac Disk bootable

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat May 24 22:12:17 CDT 2008

On May 24, 2008, at 2:55 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2008, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to run the bless command when booted from another
>> harddrive?  The name of the new disk is DA G4.  I'm trying this
>> command in Terminal.app while booted from another disk:
>
> Is the disk partitioned with an Apple_Partition_Map as opposed to a
> GUID
> partition table or MBR?

Yay!

As I mentioned in my first reply, I tried resetting everything with
diskutil from the command line.

And it worked now!

Hopefully this fixes all of my biggest problems.  It has definitely
fixed the fdisk errors and the un-delete-able directory issues.  I'm
just hoping it fixes the memory issue (the error I was getting was
complaining about being out of disk space for swap, meanwhile
activity monitor would show 250-300 megs inactive while also the disk
was only half full).