[rescue] Dayton Hamfest

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sat May 17 20:56:54 CDT 2008

> I don't think they are very attractive to hams who are used to digital
> tuning, etc. The CW adaptors are also confusing, they change the
> frequency but require you to look at the same scale and read it
> differently. This would confuse the heck out of me.

I guess the ones that are used to digital tuning would have problems mentally subtracting .2 from the analog dial reading. :)

> MFJ advertises that the radios have no "microprocessor mumbo-jumbo", but
> it's the microprocessors that the intended audience is familar with, they
> radio part is what is new.

They are probably more familiar with a digital frequency readout than a microprocessor controlled frequency synthesizer.  That is usually transparent to the user.

> The price is also, IMHO too high and there is no way to upgrade them
> to multiple bands.

There I agree with you.  My units were obtain on eBay at significantly lower price. :)

Bob