[rescue] Childrens books...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu May 15 19:36:02 CDT 2008

>From: William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
>Date: 2008/05/15 Thu AM 11:41:11 EDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Dayton Hamfest

>I would never go, but the night before last I realized the book my wife
>was reading to the kids was about a child ham helping to rescue stranded
>Floridians from his parent's New York apartment (in 1926), "Radio
>Rescue" by Lynne Barasch:
>     http://www.amazon.com/dp/0374361665

Where it is priced starting at 16 cents! (I may get it, but I'd spring for a $4.95 edition that is in like-new condition ;^)

Thanks for the pointer...

I didn't read a lot as a kid, but I really liked "The Great Brain" series, even though the Osmonds did a movie (the books are set in Mormon Salt Lake City, a long time ago - maybe one hundred years ago by now, a.k.a. the turn of the previous century)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=the+great+brain

Lionel