[rescue] Dayton Hamfest

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu May 15 10:41:11 CDT 2008

I would never go, but the night before last I realized the book my wife
was reading to the kids was about a child ham helping to rescue stranded
Floridians from his parent's New York apartment (in 1926), "Radio
Rescue" by Lynne Barasch:
     http://www.amazon.com/dp/0374361665

   Great fun book, and it explains Morse code with a full listing and
some examples (that also demonstrate the near-Asperger's intensity of
teaching yourself the code and practicing it everyhere), as well as
having endpapers that feature six greats of the history of wireless
broadcast technology. :7)

  Whoa, did I just hijack this thread? Sorry.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt