[rescue] Small servers (was Re: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue May 13 12:59:46 CDT 2008

Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> If I got back to school (meaning, if I ever get the money) I'm not
> totally sure what I'd go after.  I'm just as likely to go for an
> engineering degree or something as continue in computer science.
>
> A lot depends on what they can offer me.
>
> Of course, with $11-50 thousand dollars masters degree programs, I
> don't know when I'll ever have the money, and going for a 4 year
> engineering degree is pretty much impossible right now.

If you're serious about wanting to do this, you could do it in evening
classes.  The hardest part is getting started.  I told myself a few
years ago that the next 5 years were going to pass weather i took
evening classes or not, and that if i wanted the degree it wouldn't be
that big of a deal to give up a couple nights a week for class.  You
also have the benefit of spreading out the cost of the classes over more
time.  $500-$1200 (state school) for one or two classes per semester
isn't too bad to stomach.

    -Dan Sikorski