[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue May 6 12:33:55 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 04:26:09PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Mon, 5 May 2008 15:46:47 -0400
> Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
>
> > I also like NetBSD, but I don't believe that the ZFS port is usable
> > yet.
> No ZFS in NetBSD yet. And I will not hold my breath waiting for it.

There are licensing problems, aren't there?  Or is it just dead in the
water?

I knew it wasn't in NetBSD, but I thought it was most of the way there
from the GSoC project.

> On the other side: The soon to be branched 5.0 will have good, old, rock
> solid FFS with shining new jornaling support...

That might help.  I'll be watching what people say, but I doubt that it
will cause me to consider switching from Solaris for a file server.
Especially as long as there continue to be SMP issues on SPARC64
(although I keep seeing encouraging progress).