[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun May 4 15:27:02 CDT 2008

Joost van de Griek wrote:

> My B&W G3 is a rev. 1 with 4-port FirmTek SATA card driving 80 (OS) and
> 250 (data) GB WD drives, 1.1 GHz PPC750FX, 1 GB RAM and a Radeon 9200.
> Makes a great server running Tiger (10.4). Only thing I need to add to
> it now, is a gigabit Ethernet card.

I'm thinking my Quicksilver + an IDE card would make a good backup
system with the TimeMachine system preferences hack for unsupported
network volumes if you could get software RAID 5 or a ZFS pool on there.
  Anyone heard anything about the "when" of full ZFS support on OS X?

A Quicksilver would certainly be quieter than using an unused PC, and
cheaper than a NAS appliance.

=Nadine=