[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri May 2 15:47:53 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 04:27:48PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Two weeks ago I retired my last Sun machines.  I replaced them with
> one machine that is faster than all of them, and also nearly silent.

That is sad.

> Even though I like the quiet and can get more work done, it took me
> several days to get used to it.

In the apartment I lived in, the computers were in the living room and
there was no where you could go in the apartment to get quiet.

When we moved into our house in October, the computer got their own area
in the basement, and our bedroom and home office is on the second
floor.  My wife complained for a week that she couldn't sleep because it
was now to  quiet, and perhaps we should consider moving a few machines
up to the office to help her sleep.  I was rather amused.

But I like  the relative silence.  Truth is though that I can hear my G4
from anywhere on that floor.  Well, I could until I turned it off
because the hard drive was starting to fail.  I'll fix that soon though.