[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu May 1 20:37:52 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 09:21:52PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Sure it is.  I had a version 1 for 6 years.  I just had it straight
> from the factory with Ultra 2 LVD (Easy to get the 2940's).  In the
> end I had a G4 550 Daystar, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mac Edition,
> Superdrive (Pioneer 108), Zip100, and a 72GB + a 9GB drive.  I was
> running 10.4 just fine with PCI Extreme.  It was a great machine.

I'm sure it WAS. However if it did not have any of those things, is it
worth buying them NOW? Here it might be because people still ask insane
prices for G4's. In most of the world you can buy the G4 version of
the same machine, or one even faster for the cost of any one of those
upgrades.

I just don't think it's worth putting any money into NOW.

Geoff.