[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:22:27 CDT 2008

>Yup.  But show me a "Christian" church (as distinct from a Jewish
>temple) anywhere in the West that contains a bible that translates it
>other than "Thou shalt not kill", or show me a preacher anywhere in the
>US who makes the distinction between "Thou shalt not kill" and "Thou
>shalt not murder."

That would be my pastor. I remember a sermon he gave a few months back
on the subject of capital punishment. He came out in strong favor of
killing murders. But I agree, many other pastors wouldn't share this
view.

I found it interesting that Deut: 21:12-13 almost condones duels, as
long as you don't attack the guy without warning:

"He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.
And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver [him] into his hand;
then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee."

Timothy

--
Two wrights don't make a rong, they make an airplane. Or bicycles.