[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:03:21 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Perhaps I missed part of the discussion, but it seems you are drawing a
> moral equivalence between long-held Muslim beliefs and one or both of
> "the Christian West" or "the secular, pluralistic West".
>
> Is that the case?

That's not actually what I said, but let's explore that.

Couldn't it be possible that forcing secular pluralism on those who
don't believe in it be just as much arrogant presumption as forcing
religion on those who don't believe in it?  Can secular pluralism not be
the solution in every society?  What gives the secular pluralist the
right to force that philosophy on another?  Isn't that conceit the
anathema of secular pluralism?

Similarly, the liberal who chooses to force liberalism on a conservative
is not a liberal.  A liberal respects the conservative's decision to be
a conservative.

Peace...  Sridhar