[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Thu Mar 27 16:13:24 CDT 2008

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>> " > Last time they gave the West problems, they were booted out of
>> what is " > now southern Spain and several wars were fought, called
>> Crusades.
>> " > " > The root answer is forceful subjugation of Muslim countries
>> and " > deportation / the most severe restrictions on immigration
>> unless they " > swear off such violence, explicitly.
>> " " Don't get me started on the Crusades.  The Crusades were a
>> Christian " Jihad.
>>
>> without question, but they were provoked by a moslem - the sultan of
>> egypt decided to close jerusalem and the holy land to infidels.  the
>> historical record [crusades aside] suggests the sultan may not have
>> been completely balanced.
>
> Yes, yes, but when one starts to believe that another needs to die to
> satisfy the wishes or will of God, the larger battle has already been lost.

I said "subjugation of Muslim countries" implying threats of physical
force, and "deportation / restrictions on immigration" .  I did not
suggest a holy war as such.

As Churchill said of the Germans, "the Hun is either at your feet, or at
your throat."

Perhaps I missed part of the discussion, but it seems you are drawing a
moral equivalence between long-held Muslim beliefs and one or both of
"the Christian West" or "the secular, pluralistic West".

Is that the case?

--Patrick