[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:34:02 CDT 2008

>Don't get me started on the Crusades.  The Crusades were a Christian
>Jihad.  What your suggesting would evaporate any moral high-ground for
>the Western countries.  There would be no difference between the Western
>countries and Iran.  You can't attack from a moral high-ground by
>standing in the gutter.
>But what I think we as a nation neglect to remember is that there are
degrees of every religion.

But let's not forget that not everyone back in that day was Catholic.
There are some (like myself) that consider the Roman Catholic church
to be a despicable cult, and yet hold on dearly to the teachings of
Christ and the Bible. I agree the actions of the RC church are
unacceptable, and as a protestant, their actions during the Huguenot
wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew%27s_Day_massacre)
are totally offensive, and mark the church as being one of the biggest
cults ever in existence. But, let's not lump them in with the
Christians. Their actions violated scripture and hence invalidated
their claim to being called "Followers of Christ"

To some extent I think there are degrees of Muslims as well. There are
some extremely peaceful Muslims, and their are violent Muslims.
Everyone is different. There are some Catholics who would love nothing
better than to rule the world, and some just want to "find the truth".

So anyway, I know this is OT, I just get irritated when people try to
lump the rest of us Christians in with the heretic organization that
is known as the "Holy Roman Empire".

Timothy

--
Two wrights don't make a rong, they make an airplane. Or bicycles.