[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Erie Patsellis erie at shelbyvilledesign.com
Thu Mar 27 16:12:44 CDT 2008

Rick Hamell wrote:
> Joshua Boyd wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 09:18:53AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>>
>>> I have read that the number of people driving / carpooling from say
>>> Houston to Fort Worth or even farther has increased vs. flying
>>> because TSA causes additional delays, so you may as well drive and
>>> be more comfortable.
>>
>> I have heard some reports of a growing number of luxury bus lines
>> providing serverices for those common routes that are no longer worth
>> flying.  I think that is a great idea.
>
> The Hillsboro Airport near Portland Oregon is seeing an influx of
> private corporate jets. Nike has had a hanger there for years. Several
> Intel plants, Intel Suppliers and other high-tech companies are in the
> neighborhood. Due to the fact that the runway is extra long for air
> show use, the local companies are taking advantage as much as possible
> of it.
>
> I've worked in the area for almost seven years now and have noticed a
> large increase in airplane traffic. In the last two years alone it
> feels like air traffic has been the biggest increase. I'm willing to
> bet a lot of the other smaller airports near large cities are seeing
> the same increase in private traffic.

A lot of small airports as well, for several years I had part ownership
in several planes, after the 9-11 restrictions on GA were lifted, I
would fly myself places that I ordinarily would have taken a commercial
flight. And even flying at less than 200 mph, any flight under 8 hours
made sense, as I could divert to see the landscape or stop to eat if I
felt like it. Alas now I'm a working class fool, and lack the funding
for such extravagance (though I still keep my pilots license current,
just in case)

erie