[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:03:04 CDT 2008

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 09:18:53AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
>> I have read that the number of people driving / carpooling from say
>> Houston to Fort Worth or even farther has increased vs. flying because
>> TSA causes additional delays, so you may as well drive and be more
>> comfortable.
>
> I have heard some reports of a growing number of luxury bus lines
> providing serverices for those common routes that are no longer worth
> flying.  I think that is a great idea.

The Hillsboro Airport near Portland Oregon is seeing an influx of
private corporate jets. Nike has had a hanger there for years. Several
Intel plants, Intel Suppliers and other high-tech companies are in the
neighborhood. Due to the fact that the runway is extra long for air show
use, the local companies are taking advantage as much as possible of it.

I've worked in the area for almost seven years now and have noticed a
large increase in airplane traffic. In the last two years alone it feels
like air traffic has been the biggest increase. I'm willing to bet a lot
of the other smaller airports near large cities are seeing the same
increase in private traffic.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog