[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 27 13:47:00 CDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> And while you can buy an inverter for the car, the train already
> provides power jacks (both of which, car and train, are superior to
> planes that way, at least the planes I've been on).

I don't have a huge pool of experience from which to draw, but the one
time I used a train's power jack, it caught my mobile phone on fire[0].
I suppose I should be grateful that thugs in military uniforms didn't
haul me away for trying to use a WMD.

[0] My understanding is that devices designed to plug into train and
     plane outlets don't do a lot of filtering, as the power is expected
     to be very clean.
--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print