[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 27 07:41:15 CDT 2008

>From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>Date: 2008/03/27 Thu AM 06:06:48 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

<snip>

>I agree with conclusion but not the reason. With the high cost of
>gasoline, IMHO too many people are worried about being able to afford to
>drive to the nearest Wal-Mart, because they can no longer afford
>to shop at more expensive stores, let alone take a vacation.

Gas is not that bad at it's inflation-adjusted price[0], it's been worse, but
it isn't wildly out of whack with the cost of living...

Lionel
[0]http://www.inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Gasoline_Inflation.as
(google will turn up lots of sources, all agree that prices are high, but it
is not *horrible* - anecdotal evidence is that demand is up, and no great
change in lifestyle is sweeping the country, except people bitch about paying
$3+ a gallon, but they buy just about as much gas as they did three years ago)