[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Mar 27 10:45:57 CDT 2008

Josh wrote:

> In retrospect though, I should have looked into taking the train.  The
> ride from here to NY is very nice, and I think that the same line runs
> south some distance as well.

   Pfft -- those trains aren't a cure-all, either.

   On the 14th I went from Providence, RI, to NYC. It would've cost me
and the Mrs. the better part of $200 each to take the Amtrak Acela. And
we would've been on their schedule. And they're randomly searching
baggage now: not that I'm hiding anything, but it'll add delay, and it
trends toward TSA-ishness.

   Driving took just *mumble* hours (what? I was only abiding by the
general pace of traffic, officer!), and I got to stop for pee breaks,
and I could have hauled along whatever fit in my trunk.

   It would have been nice to be able to nap, though, or read, instead
of looking at Connecticut. :7)

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator