[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Mar 27 05:38:21 CDT 2008

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> These days, unless I absolutely, positively have to be on the other side
> of the country the same day, I just drive.  F the TSA and F my
> countrymen for sitting for this asinine security theatre.  If even a
> third the people traveling would just say "No" to this stupid crap, the
> government would either have to rethink this idiocy or we could just
> watch the airline industry grind to a screeching half.

I have more than once speculated that the real purpose of the TSA is to
make air travel so intolerable that nobody in the US flies any more.
The one thing I can't figure out is what the win in this is for the
government.

I suspect half the reason the airlines are doing so poorly is that a
very large chunk of the previously-flying public *are* saying "Screw
that shit, I'll drive", or just not going at all.

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.