[rescue] a 'data' rescue

Angel Martin Alganza ama at ugr.es
Mon Mar 24 12:10:06 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:57:06PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> Just having 10T of data doesn't mean that doing it over the net
> wouldn't work.  If the rate of changes is low, only the initial copy
> would be expensive; updates could - should - be sent as deltas.

Also, the first copy can (if it can :-) be made locally and later move
the drive to the final location, where incremental backups will follow.

> Of course, this is not to say that any particular backup system is
> prepared to take advantage of that. :-/

How about dirvish?  I really love it.

Angel

--
Angel Martin Alganza               Tel +34 958 248 926
Departamento de Genetica           Fax +34 958 244 073
Universidad de Granada               mailto:ama at ugr.es
C/ Fuentenueva s/n             http://www.ugr.es/~ama/
E-18071 Granada, Spain     JabberID alganza at jabber.org
  PGP Public key: http://www.ugr.es/~ama/ama-pgp-key
  3EB2 967A 9404 6585 7086  8811 2CEC 2F81 9341 E591
() ASCII Ribbon Campaign - http://www.asciiribbon.org/
/\ Against all HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/advocacy/no-ms-office.php