[rescue] a 'data' rescue

Mon Mar 24 11:57:06 CDT 2008

>> Have you considered backing up over the Internet?  WorksForMe(TM).
> I have almost 10TB of data.  That would *so* not work for me, from a
> cost perspective.

Just having 10T of data doesn't mean that doing it over the net
wouldn't work.  If the rate of changes is low, only the initial copy
would be expensive; updates could - should - be sent as deltas.

Of course, this is not to say that any particular backup system is
prepared to take advantage of that. :-/

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca