[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 64, Issue 27

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Mar 24 11:12:15 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:25:08PM -0400, Bill Blum wrote:
> This morning I went to pick up another Blade 100 I bought on eBay from a
> quasi-local seller... and was greeted with the sight of what must have been
> 40-50 Blade 100s stacked on every available flat surface.
>
> I had to restrain myself from taking them all home.
>
> With that out of the way, anyone have suggestions on good places to get
> slightly outdated IDE harddrives?   I need to get a few <120GB drives for my
> Blade 100s.

My suggestion would be look for SCSI cards and drives instead.  It
certainly made my U5 nicer.

If you want large storage, I'd still go with SCSI for boot and OS, then
try the FW port for large storage.  If there is some issue with using
the FW port that I'm not aware of, then I'd go with a USB2 card instead
(which I had done, and works better than onboard IDE in my opinion).