[rescue] a 'data' rescue

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:45:56 CDT 2008

> And if everyone took the responsibility to backup their important data,
> you would only have to call OnTrack in the event of a true disaster.
> Like NASA did with the Columbia disaster.
>
> I should be careful what i say though.  I don't back up my own personal
> data as well as i should.

I just got a Time Capsule for the Apple Machines, and I'm in the process
of building a Raid5 NAS for everything else. I've still yet to figure
out how I'm going to do offsite backups (probably a Firewire drive in a
bank vault,) but it feels good to actually have a real backup for once
that doesn't rely on an old tape drive that I'm not sure will spin up
the next time, or DVD's that are months out of date.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog