[rescue] a 'data' rescue

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Mar 24 09:12:53 CDT 2008

Rick wrote:

> Say what you will about OnTrack and companies like them, but they are
> good at getting damaged data back. They're expensive, but
> it's amazing what they can pull off...

   Oh, I hearily agree. That drive had been "looked at" by several
technical folks and given up for dead. The way that OnTrack recovered it
reminded me of Bill Crystal as Miracle Max in "The Princess Bride"
pumping air into Prince Westley and finding he was only *mostly* dead.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator