[rescue] net install redux

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 11 05:28:11 CDT 2008

>From: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>
>Date: 2008/03/10 Mon PM 07:33:39 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] net install redux

>Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>> From: Arthur Wouk <awouk at nilenet.com>
>>> Date: 2008/03/10 Mon PM 04:21:02 CDT
>>> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>>> Subject: [rescue] net install redux
>>>

>> <snip>
>>

>>> if not, anyone have  an ultra-2 with a good cd or dvd reader, or a good
>>> cdrom or dvdrom which would work in my ultra2? the machine has 2gigs of
ram
>>> dual 400mh cpus 40gigs of disk, and is my best sun machine.
>>>

>> Arthur, I have Ultra 2 bases w/CD-ROM drives available - contact me off-
list. I can send you a base w/CD-ROM or just a CD-ROM drive (and cables, if
needed). If you take the base, it'll be about $20 (I guesstimate), I'd want
similar for just the drive (including shipping), to compensate me for the time
involved in removing it from the chassis & wraping it up.

>> Just contact me off-list.
>>
>> BTW, the Ultra 2 bases are heading to the recyclers this Saturday - if
anyone wants a base, drop me a note right now - they are going away...

>while I shouldn't add to my 'junk'... what would it cost to get one of
>these bases to me
>in Sharon, MA 02067 ?  Total cost ?

All I want is Actual Shipping cost, and with an estimated weight of 40 pounds
(pretty accurate, maybe a bit heavier than they actually are) I come up with a
cost of about $20 FedEx Ground with next-day delivery.

Lionel