[rescue] A cheap flat panel display that would work good for Suns...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 17:11:04 CDT 2008

On 7 Mar 2008, at 18:09, der Mouse wrote:

>> I would think you'd either want to bump the suns down or up to
>> 1024x768 or 1280x1024.  I've never see a LCD that does 1152x900
>> natively and scaling tends to be extremely ugly.
>
> Letterboxing - or, more precisely, windowboxing - however, is not all
> that ugly.  (Though I've never seen an inexpensive flatscreen that
> does
> that, grrr.  I suppose it's just another example of how inexpensive
> things tend to be cheap.)

The 20" HP LCD panel I have at work has an option to turn the scaling
off so it window boxes stuff. I've also seen options in some graphics
cards drivers in Windows that disables it at software level os
anything that uses the Windows GDI is rendered at the native panel res
and then window boxed.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: