[rescue] Racks and Doors

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Fri Mar 7 17:07:57 CST 2008

Well with all the info being shared about racks, I feel like I've increased
my knowledge by a huge factor.
Much thanks to all (and Chris, too bad you didn't own the house I bough 4
years ago...would have saved
me a huge amount of time...8-)  Though in Atlanta we can't use the passive
cooling as much as you can...
and my daylight basement was built out as an in-law suite for my Mom and Dad
for the short time they
were able to live there before they passed away :-(  ...but it's been a
blessing for all the folks we've been
able to loan it out to... and my mother-in-law will be moving in soon
enough...)

ANYWAY, one question I keep forgetting to ask is, don't the doors help cut
down on the noise coming
from the rack?   One main reason I've even considered the doors was to try
to quiet the whole thing down
a tad... since it's in my office, it would be nice.  White noise doesn't
really bother me, but would be nice
to be quieter.

I did a little looking on-line to see about the ventilated doors they make
and was wondering if I "converted"
one of the two doors I have to a "ventilated" one (Mr. Drill say "hi" to Mr.
Door....) would it basically negate
the sound dampening effect of the door?

Thanks again!!

Earl