[rescue] Deciding how to place machines in a rack...

Brian Deloria bdeloria at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 14:16:49 CST 2008

Will,

  What about the dust on the floor?  Isn't he going to end up with more
bunnies the closer to the floor that he is?  You can also see about getting
a toe, I don't know the proper noun for this however I know that some of the
Sun rack's I've seen have a toe that slides out from the bottom.  Someone
please clarify this on both counts.

As for space between servers I'd suggest at least 1u to prevent heat getting
trapped or the cases being used as heatsinks passing heat from one to
another.  I'd maybe even go so far as to insert a (mr.bill?) story here
about some Ascend TNT's being in 5 racks right next to each other.

Thanks,

Brian