[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 21 21:14:14 CST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 06:58:21PM -0700, Robert Darlington wrote:
> The RROL is also a license. You're absolutely right, no tests, just
> $50 (if memory serves).

For some reason I keep thinking it was $35; but this was 1990 or so.  I
really should contact the FCC and have them re-issue mine just to have
another card on the wall in the shack.

> The FCC dropped the requirement for commercial radio stations to have a
> GROL (or a 1st/2nd/3rd radiotelepohone operator) back in December 1995.

So the operators at a commercial radio station no longer need a RROL at all?

I remember thinking it was so cool that I would call the transmitter every
night and turn it off by using touch-tones.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas