[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Mike F lists at ibrew.net
Mon Jan 21 11:48:18 CST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:15:30AM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> [...]
>> Any idea if there's any good cider and perry exported to the US? It's
>> definately not as popular here, the best cider I've had here is
>> Strongbow,
>> which definately does NOT fit your description above. Most of the
>> rest of
>> it is much too sweet for me. A knife and fork cider would be quite
>> interesting to me.
>
> Strongbow is basically the cider equivalent of mass-produced horse
> piss
> lager. Not all of it is even made from apples. Magners is much the
> same but
> marketed with an Irish angle.

What about Bulmer's? when we were in Ireland in '99 my wife fell in
love with Bulmer's. It is a relatively light cider, but has a lot of
apple flavor.

> Thatchers, Biddendens and Stowford Press are the ones I usually come
> across,
> and it's all quite drinkable. Thatchers would be the most knife-and-
> fork of
> the lot, but they do some sweet ciders

So if I'm reading you right, the knife-and-fork ciders are on the tart
side? The only ciders I've had are either sweet or dry, but knife-and-
fork sounds more interesting.

- Mike