[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Jan 21 11:29:07 CST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:15:30AM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
[...]
> Any idea if there's any good cider and perry exported to the US? It's
> definately not as popular here, the best cider I've had here is Strongbow,
> which definately does NOT fit your description above. Most of the rest of
> it is much too sweet for me. A knife and fork cider would be quite
> interesting to me.

Strongbow is basically the cider equivalent of mass-produced horse piss
lager. Not all of it is even made from apples. Magners is much the same but
marketed with an Irish angle.

Thatchers, Biddendens and Stowford Press are the ones I usually come across,
and it's all quite drinkable. Thatchers would be the most knife-and-fork of
the lot, but they do some sweet ciders as well.