[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Jonathan Guthrie jguthrie at brokersys.com
Mon Jan 21 11:11:25 CST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 18:50 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 05:21:14PM -0700, Robert Darlington wrote:
> > I was actually being serious.  Only here could there be such relevant
> > and yet completely off topic discussions.  I myself just upgraded to
> > Extra last Saturday, still not showing up in ULS/QRZ (I'm N3XKB) yet.
> > Even $girlie got her Technician.  Do any of you guys have a GROL?

> I had a RROL (Restricted Radiotelephone Operators License) when I was 15;
> had to get it in order to run the control board (and transmitter) at
> KRPT-FM 103.7 in Anadarko, Oklahoma.

If it's what I'm thinking of, (business card size piece of paper with
nothing but your name and signature on it) that's not any kind of
license, that's a permit.  I got one of those when I became a
transmitter operator in college in 1984.  It's also one of the three
pieces of paper (well, one's a plastic card, now) that constitute a
"pilot's license".

> It's probably expired by now; this was '90 or '91.

...and it doesn't expire.  It's only purpose for existing is to be
revoked if you do something the FCC really doesn't like.
--
Jonathan Guthrie <jguthrie at brokersys.com>
Sto Pro Veritate