[rescue] Sun Monitor Sanity Check

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jan 16 21:34:24 CST 2008

I've been using an Apple CRT (17" to match a sawtooth) as a display
first on Ultra 5 onboard graphics, then on a Raptor 64, and that was
happy.

Now I'm trying to use the same monitor on a Sun Expert3D, and I don't
even get a the initial open firmware boot stuff displayed.

Is it reasonable to expect this monitor to work on this graphics card,
given a proper 13w3->VGA adapter?  There isn't any chance that this card
is trying to demand SoG is there?  Considering how badly the monitor
reacts when presented with both SoG and composite sync, I don't think
this monitor is SoG compatible.