[rescue] Airplane Avionics?

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Tue Feb 26 08:26:11 CST 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 1:25 AM, James Fogg wrote:
> Glidescope? We don't need no stinkin' glideslope!
>
> When I was flying it was VOR (2 of them, a deluxe plane) and DME. A
> nice
> airport had VASI, but I was often on grass strips and (gasp) gravel.
>
> Then there was a friend's biplane with a spring loaded arm on the wing
> strut for an airspeed indicator.
>
> I wish I was still flying. I can't pass the medical (heart issues).

Pitot tubes have been around for a long, long time.

As long as you haven't FAILED a medical you can use your driver's
license to qualify for a sport pilot license which will get you
airborne with your driver's license as your medical....

http://www.sportpilot.org/

Old school Aeronicas and Ercoupes qualify for sport pilot as long as
their gross weight meets the limit (1320 lbs.)

-Jon