[rescue] Airplane Avionics?

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Tue Feb 26 00:25:19 CST 2008

> Specifically I'm hoping for a Nav receiver w/ glideslope capability
> with a standard CDI. I don't require a yellow-tag, I can have my shop
> check it. I'd like the ability to shoot ILS approaches and then
> eventually use this Nav setup as a backup when I get a Garmin 430.

Glidescope? We don't need no stinkin' glideslope!

When I was flying it was VOR (2 of them, a deluxe plane) and DME. A nice
airport had VASI, but I was often on grass strips and (gasp) gravel.

Then there was a friend's biplane with a spring loaded arm on the wing
strut for an airspeed indicator.

I wish I was still flying. I can't pass the medical (heart issues).