[rescue] XTERMS - was: Free: Sparcstation 1/1+/2/5, U5, monitors, cables.

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Mon Feb 18 00:06:53 CST 2008

> One downside is my garage is detached, but I guess I could trench out
some
> copper, or look at wireless bridging...

You really don't want to bury copper and connect it to anything
electronic. You'll end up with lightning damage.

Say what you will about phones, they are built to take it and the lines
are highly protected. That stupid cold water line clamp that goes to
what looks like a black junction box is also a gas discharge tube static
drain.