[rescue] 9" VAIO with transmeta processor

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Feb 13 00:11:48 CST 2008

Mark Brown wrote:
> FWIW, I've got a PCG-C1VN as well. It has been sitting on the shelf
> too, as I have been wondering what OS to install. I think it is a
> crusoe600/128M/6GB. This is the first time that I have heard of
> "Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs".  I'm a little curious as to how
> that may work on the Vaio. Since I'm a pretty heavy voip user, I
> wonder if I could run a local SIP/IAX2 client there?

Well, i couldn't get a proper video card driver loaded on it.  I tried
several drivers from ATI's and Sony's websites.  They all failed with a
file not found error.  I was stuck with 640x480, which is pretty dumb on
a 1024x480 screen.  That said, it seemed to run pretty well on that machine.

I just tried installing xubuntu.  The installer on the normal ISO didn't
start, so i downloaded the alternate ISO, the text mode install is
going, but it's past my bedtime, so who knows when I'll have time to go
any farther with it...

    -Dan Sikorski