[rescue] 9" VAIO with transmeta processor

Mark Brown sunrescue at marknmel.com
Tue Feb 12 23:43:35 CST 2008

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 03:40:19PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> Finally found the pictures of it - is your machine similar?
>>
>> http://www.mrbill.net/picturebook/
>>

> Very similar, but not the same model, looks like that one is newer
> than mine.  Also, I think the model of mine is PCG-C1VN, which is on a
> label near the display, the label on the bottom says PCG-141A.  I'm in
> the process of installing "Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs" on it
> to see how it runs.  XP would run pretty poorly on 128MB of RAM, i think.

FWIW, I've got a PCG-C1VN as well. It has been sitting on the shelf too,
as I have been wondering what OS to install. I think it is a
crusoe600/128M/6GB. This is the first time that I have heard of "Windows
Fundamentals for Legacy PCs".  I'm a little curious as to how that may
work on the Vaio. Since I'm a pretty heavy voip user, I wonder if I
could run a local SIP/IAX2 client there?

/M