[rescue] Parting out my Workstation

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Feb 5 10:49:00 CST 2008

Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 February 2008 07:28, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Timothy Baldridge wrote:
>>> GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB PCI-e 16x - $200
>> I might well be interested in that 8800GTS.  What brand is it?  There
>> are a couple brands out there I won't touch with a ten-foot pole.
>> (PNY, for instance.)
>
> That's funny, we almost exclusively buy nVidia video cards for our Vis
> center from PNY, because they are really good to us (in price and in
> service response).

Maybe it's the difference between corporate and private customers.  I
bought a video card from them which was horribly unreliable, and got
replaced four times in about two years of its "lifetime" warranty before
they told me they just weren't going to honor the warranty any more.
One of the replacement cards only lasted four days.  Another lasted six
hours before it failed.

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.