[rescue] Powermac G5 V.s. MacBook

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:54:41 CST 2008

Leopard needs a G4 greater than 867mhz to run, actually, and even then
it's poorly optimized for ppc compared to earlier systems- as the
owner of the best and last PowerBook released before the MacBook pros,
I'll attest it  runs like a dog with a broken leg.

I don't deny the 2x G5 platform is still an extremely capable setup,
but I fear it may have an artificially shortened lifespan-- especially
as we're nearing the end of the time PPC support was promised, and
software (iPhone SDK for instance) is beginning to drop ppc support
with little justification.

- I

Sent from my iPhone