[rescue] MacHelp.org

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Apr 18 20:33:27 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:55:33PM +0100, Mark wrote:
> My god you started a Mac Help site? That's like opening the world's second
> largest can of worms isn't it? I admire your dedication Mr. Bradford, I
> have been using Macs for almost 10 years and I wouldn't have the balls to
> do that :\

Domain Name:MACHELP.ORG
Created On:23-Jul-2001 17:18:27 UTC

Registered it when I first "got into" Macs and OS X, as soon as I found out
it was available.  I'm the third result for a Google search of "mac help".
8-)

I've only started really doing anything with it in the past couple of
years.  Last April I put up a "Have problems with your computer?  Email
questions at machelp.org and I'll try to help" blurb.  Since then I've
received more than 1500 emails of people asking for help; usually minor
problems that are solved by spending 30 seconds on Google.

I mostly do it just to help people.  I use this .sig file when I'm able to
provide a response to someone's question or problem:

 If my advice has been helpful, please consider purchasing an item on my
 Amazon Wish List located at http://wishlist.machelp.org.  MacHELP does
 not make any income - I run the site as a hobby and answer between 5-15
 emails a day from people who need help with their Apple products.
that great, but it's better than nothing (as I don't make money from Google
anymore).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford