[rescue] E250 temperatures

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sat Apr 12 18:39:27 CDT 2008

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Bill Bradford wrote:

> If we're going to be posting prtdiag output.. 8-)
>
> System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4v Sun Fire(TM) T1000
> Memory size: 8064 Megabytes
>
> ========================= CPUs ==================================
>
>                            CPU                 CPU
> Location     CPU   Freq     Implementation      Mask
> ------------ ----- -------- ------------------- -----
> MB/CMP0/P0       0 1000 MHz  SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1
> [...] [you bastard]
> MB/CMP0/P31     31 1000 MHz  SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1

    Initially I wanted to post something really full of invective
and expletive, but somehow can't.  Hell, I can't even post a "prtdiag"
output 'cause my front-line SPARC doesn't have it.  Some dmesg output
will have to do....

SunOS Release 5.5.1 Version Generic_103640-27 [UNIX(R) System V Release
4.0]
Copyright (c) 1983-1996, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
mem = 98304K (0x6000000)
avail mem = 95236096
Ethernet address = 8:0:20:12:de:ee
root nexus = SUNW,Sun 4_75

    This is, after all, the *rescue* list.  Am I the only one who
practises what he preaches?  ;-)  {big ol' wink there!}

    FWIW, the above is from my SPARCstation 2 that functions as the
secondary DNS master for my local domain, as secondary NTP peer (with
three other systems) for time synch, and as domain controller for my
wife's Windwoes environment.

    Cheers!