[rescue] rescuing an ailing U10

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Sep 30 16:52:59 CDT 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Andrew Gaylard wrote:

> http://docsun.cites.uiuc.edu/sun_docs/C/solaris_9/SUNWinab/SPARCINSTALL/p142.html

There is that, but I seem to recall also being able to pass them as
arguments to boot net[0].  I think the syntax is something similar to
'boot net:my-ip,server-ip,kernel-filename,router-ip' or something like
that to explicitly transfer a kernel over TFTP and boot it.

> Late releases of v3?  How late?

I'd suspect 3.25 and later.  That seems to be when Sun figured out that
people run Suns on networks with systems other than other Suns.

[0] You can do 'boot net:dhcp' on OBP 3.25 and later.
--
Jonathan Patschke     )  "So far, 99% of illegal activity has been caused
Elgin, TX            (    by criminals."