[rescue] rescuing an ailing U10

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun Sep 30 15:05:57 CDT 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:39:31 -0500 (CDT), Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Andrew Gaylard wrote:
>
> > Me too.  It's one of the best things about Sun hardware.  I've never
> > seen one of the x86-based Suns; can anyone tell me if they have
> > OpenBoot firmware, or the standard PC rubbish?
>
> They've standardizes on PC BIOS crap.

I'd much prefer if they at least had an option for OpenFirmware, but
for a PC BIOS it isn't as bad as it could be ... you can redirect the
console to the 'virtual' serial port provided by the LOM. The few x86
Suns we have at work are a *lot* easier to get into remotely than the
Dells with the DRAC card.