[rescue] E250 questions...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 28 10:29:18 CDT 2007

Hello all,

As I prepare to shed some systems, I'm in the process of testing my E250s, and I'm having an interesting problem - one seems to just hang...

It has 4x 128 Meg DIMMs (512 Meg) in Bank A, 2x 400 MHz CPUs, no HD, and both power supplies appear fine (fans blow, power supply failure light not lit). The top three LEDs (power, general fault, and activity) all but power blink, first slow, then faster, but don't seem to stop - should/could this take a long time?

I reviewed the Owners Guide (http://docs-pdf.sun.com/805-5160-10/805-5160-10.pdf) and this appears normal, but it doesn't seem to end...

Thoughts? I dont' want to invest too much time in this, I am simply trying to get it up so I can decide if I should give away the chassis or scrap it (if it won't boot, it will obvioulsy go in the scrap)...

Thanks,

Lionel